“Meso-Paganism” is a general term for a variety of movements both organized and non-organized, started as attempts to recreate, revive or continue what their founders thought were the best aspects of the Paleopagan ways of their ancestors (or predecessors), but which were heavily influenced (accidentally, deliberately and/or involuntarily) by concepts and practices from the monotheistic, dualistic, or nontheistic worldviews of Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, or early Buddhism.
Examples of Meso-pagan belief systems would include Freemasonry, Rosicrucianism, Theosophy, Spiritualism, etc., as well as those forms of Druidism influenced by those movements, the many Afro-Diasporatic faiths (such as Voudoun, Santeria, Candomble, etc.), Sikhism, several sects of Hinduism that have been influenced by Islam and Christianity, Mahayana Buddhism, Aleister Crowley’s religion/philosophy of Thelema, Odinism (some Norse Paganism), most “Family Traditions” of Witchcraft (those that aren’t completely fake), and most orthodox (aka “British Traditionalist”) denominations of Wicca.
Difference between modern and old paganism;
• emphasis on connection with Nature in modern Paganisms versus emphasis on propitiation of deities in ancient paganisms;
• ancient pagans did not call themselves pagan (the term was coined by Christians)
• ancient pagans believed in sin; modern ones do not
• categories of religion (keeping the human world in good relationship with the divine); plus (exemplary fulfillment of religious duty); superstition (excessive fear of the supernatural)
• belief in reincarnation;
• polytheism & animism;
• use of magic;
• both honoring the same deities;
• contemporary Pagans intend to continue the traditions of ancient pagans (whether they succeed or not is a different question)
1.Pagans are devil worshipers (In real,they do not believe in devil. The devils hold no place in Paganism)
2.Pagans are not religious.
(In Real,they involve worshipping deities,codes of ethics,celebration of holidays and a belief in an Afterlife.
3.Pagans make animal sacrifices.
(Paganism is based upon love of nature,even the thought of sacrificing is repulsive to them.)